Allowing Information Flow
ECS’s relationship with Maurice Mason, and later the brand Mr Hugh’s began in 2011. At this time, there was a change of office management at Maurice Mason which revealed some challenges around information access & the performance of the IT system.
Key members of the team could not access required information, and bottlenecks were occurring due to only one or two individuals having access rights. ECS were asked to open this flow of information, so that those who needed access, had it.
A new server system was installed in August 2011, this included automated local backups, business grade antivirus protection and enhanced access to and management of the company emails. It also provided additional security for user access to the system and greater protection of company data.
These initial projects brought increased data security yet at the same time access to data was also given to those who required it. This resulted in a more manageable, secure & structured system for the company.
Ongoing improvements to the system were made gradually, with replacement of old & slow equipment, printers, workstations & laptops. As the growth of Mr Hugh’s continues additional equipment is supplied when required.
In the following years, ECS have continued to provide recommendations to further improve the IT system, some of those installed include:
- 2013 – Remote working – To allow secure access to the system for specific users including roaming sales reps.
- 2014 – A secure isolated wireless system – To separate access for staff members and visiting guests, ensuring data protection.
- 2015 – First Unified Threat Management (UTM) device was installed which provided multiple layers of protection from internet-based attacks for all company members.
- 2017 – A refresh of the server and network – To update the ageing server operating system to the latest version improving security and giving increased compatibility for the latest modern software packages.
- 2018 – Next generation backup solution – To provide an image backup of the server locally and in the cloud. The service provides Mr Hugh’s with a high level of disaster recovery capability, in line with GDPR requirements & the ever-increasing threat of cyber-attack.
Ongoing IT Support, Monitoring & Maintenance
ECS currently provide equipment monitoring, IT support, managed backup, managed print, hosted exchange, managed anti-virus, proactive IT consulting services & DNS management to help ensure a smooth web-based presence.